Job:
I still love my therapy job. I last left everyone with pictures of my inner city schools, but I had not seen any kiddos yet. Now that I've been seeing them a few weeks, I realize that I really enjoy speech therapy more than teaching. I get students in groups of 1 or 2 for 30-45 minutes at a time. We work on producing sounds such as "s", "r", and "f", or some need to work on sentence formation (correct verb tenses, plurals, pronoun usage.) I don't have any social skills students, but that is also under the realm of speech (teaching HOW to have a conversation...turn taking, eye contact, etc.). I have impressed myself in the past month by actually conducting a few therapy sessions in Spanish! Here's a link to my company's website, and if you scroll down there is a little blurb about me (remember, I work for a private clinic, and they placed me in Oakland School District)...Communication Works Therapy
Fun:
I've been up to a few things around the Bay Area lately. Andrea and I spent a music-filled day in San Francisco a few weekends ago at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park (it was a free concert). There were probably 20,000 people there, and amazingly, you were allowed to bring your own alcohol to the park...so Andrea and I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine in my Sigg water bottle =)
Andrea, me and Andrea's roommate SusieA while back, Scott and I visited Muir Woods with Kelly and Levi. We figured the redwoods were a NorCal must-see, and they were beautiful!
Sister-in-law Kelly and I
Last Saturday I finally had the opportunity to dine at Scott's new workplace. I enjoyed oysters and zentinis with my parents, Auntie A, her boyfriend, Uncle D, and Aunt K. Scott sent out some tasty Peruvian-style mussels for us. Oh, and gotta comment on the zentini: a vodka martini with a ginger syrup and mint....can't go wrong there (especially when the waitress accidentally brings you a second one!)The family at the Yacht Club
So there you go, I hope this quenches your unending thirst to learn about my life =)

3 comments:
I just looked at your bio on the website. That's so neat!
does not quench my thirst but it was a great appetizer! i just want more more more!
Looks like Nor Cal is treating you well. You're making me miss it!
sounds like you've been having a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment