The only pregnancy craving I have had so far is fruit, fruit, and more fruit! Conveniently, my fruit cravings began in the spring when the markets were full of fresh cherries, and now I can't get enough peaches!
Beautiful fresh peach, garden pepper & garden cilantro
With our garden beginning to produce, I can whip a quick salsas with my fruit-of-choice. These fruit salsas are great with chips and tacos, but I prefer to spoon them over grilled chicken, pork, or fish. You can use whatever fruit you want, but stone fruits and pineapple are great choices. And the pepper choice is totally open too. If you prefer mild salsas, use an Anaheim pepper, but if you like spice, try a Serrano. We have 4 pepper plants in our garden this year, and I am not sure what any of them are, but I used a mild green pepper in mine. This is a very easy, straightforward recipe, without precise measurements.
Fresh Fruit Salsa
1 piece fruit of choice (if using pineapple, use 1/4 of a small fruit)
1 mild pepper or 1/2 hot pepper
1 handful fresh cilantro
lime juice
salt & pepper
Dice the fruit. Chop the pepper and cilantro. Mix in a bowl with the juice of 1 lime. Season with salt and pepper. If you want to add red onion, it is a nice addition too! Enjoy =)
Peach salsa served over a gigantic grilled pork chop, Caribbean beans & rice, and chile-spice rubbed grilled squash (it took me 3 days to eat that pork chop!)
6 comments:
When I was pregnant with you Dad,, I craved peaches too!! We'd never heard of fruit salsa then however. It sounds delicious!
fruit salsa - that picture looks so yummy!!! you eat so well... and i eat... so poorly...
i love that you have such a healthy craving!
Yum..nice that you crave something nice and healthy!! I craved fruity things too, really tart stuff.
We've been making lot's of fruit salsa, delish!!
Peaches, pineapple, virgin bloody mary, and ceviche juice were the only things I could keep down for the first 16 weeks. The spicier the bloody mary and ceviche juice the better. I used to think cravings were psychological but now I know they're 100% real.
ok, that fruit salsa looks amazing.
That looks wonderful. Back when Trader Joe's used to carry dried (or candied?) rhubarb, I liked to reconstitute it and make it into a fruit salsa like this. So gooooood.
Post a Comment