Scott and I are seasoned veterans at cooking for masses from our tiny galley kitchen, but it's been quite awhile since we last accomplished the feat, so we were a bit rusty last Sunday when we entertained 10 guests in our little home. But we managed to cook a wonderful meal of burgers, home fries, fresh melon, sangria, and pound cake-nectarine sundaes for my parents, little brother and girlfriend, The Verburgs, and Kelly. Thank goodness our backyard has a picnic table we could all fit around!
The whole crew: Scott, Mom, Victoria, Max, Nichole, Micah, Brian, Kelly, Dad
Burgers made with organic meat...delicious!
Micah-sized burger

Mango-Peach Sangria
(inspired by Food & Wine)
In a saucepan cook 1/3 cup sugar with 1/3 cup water until the sugar dissolves; transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until cold. Stir in 1/3 cup Grand Marnier, 1 bottle Viognier, 1 chopped mango, 1-2 peaches cut into thin wedges, and a few mint leaves. Serve immediately, or if you prefer it sweeter, let it sit a bit. I suggest not serving the mint leaves in the glasses, as they annoying get stuck in your mouth.
I look forward to enjoying this drink on those hot summer days...
5 comments:
oooh...everything was sooo delicious!
the sangria was killer and the burger was perhaps the best that i've ever had. mmm bacon.
yum!!! Meals like this are perhaps my favorite part of summer and you all look so good and happy! I can't wait to try the sangria.
I like the little Micah burger. Adorable.
i am so iffy on sangrias these days, but this one look amazing!!! would you say use mint sprigs?
ooooooooooh yum!!!!! i want to join!!!! that looks like so much fun!!!
Post a Comment