This year we have a lovely garden in pots on our patio. We are growing tomatoes, peppers, basil, oregano, mint, parsley, lettuce, thyme, chives, and borage (an edible blue flower). So far, our garden has been thriving, with beautifully healthy tomato plants bursting with green tomatoes, and pepper plants drooping with baby poblanos...until 3 days ago...
Our poblanos starting disappearing! We used to have 6 or 7 young peppers, and a few days ago, it looked like we were missing some, but I put that thought in the back of my mind, thinking that I miscounted or something. Then the next day, there were only 3 remaining...now I KNEW we had more than 3! There were no remains, it was as if someone had picked them and taken them away. Thinking our culprit might be a nocturnal friend, I left the patio light on all night as a deterrent, only to awake to 2 remaining peppers! Our little friend is not scared of the light...
I stood at the window, trying to figure out what could be stealing my peppers, when the culprit appeared! Ha! Caught him red pawed!I think it says somewhere in my marriage license that it's the husband's job to take care of all rat issues, so my detective work is over, and now I leave the rest to Scott.
9 comments:
I was sure it was going to be a squirrel. Sorry about your lost peppers!
awww...he's cute!
Mom, you sound like Marianne! Rats are not cute. Kelly says he must be a Mexican rat as he only steals chile peppers =)
that's hilarious! it took me a minute to see what the heck you were talking about and looking hard at the picture to realize it was a rat. he must be super hungry to steal so many peppers! i agree... he must be mexican...
andale! andale!
speedy gonzalez is in your BACKYARD!!!
if you need a refresher on your speedy recollection, click here :)
had no idea they'd like peppers.
rodents like poblanos? wow. gourmet gourmet.
Post a Comment