Just got home from camping at a 3 day Phish festival in Indio (near Palm Springs). IT was toasty out there, but even with the heat, we managed to catch 8 sets of Phish (I know, lots of music, but lots of fun!).
We met up with 20 or so of our Phish buddies, set up camp, and enjoyed the weekend. Our camp was complete with a couch and chair set, bar, pinata, and even a ceiling, walls, and carpet (we camp in style!). Too bad the bathrooms at the campsite did not match our style...but no worries, we found a better bathroom at the concert grounds (air-conditioning, locking doors, flushable toilets, mirrors, sinks...it was heaven, and so we dubbed it VIP suite).
So here is my long awaited costume: green scarf, spicy, goes with gumbo...
I don't have a full body picture, but I wore a red tunic with the tabasco label on front, and the ingredient label on the back (thanks to Leslie for the lesson on T-shirt transfers!). I also wore the green scarf as the bottle neck, and I made a cute hat that looked like the bottle cap, but it got unglued in the hot Indio heat, so I couldn't wear it.
Scott was gumbo, which also happens to be the name of a Phish song. He had an apron with gumbo ingredients velcro-ed all over (crabs, bell peppers, onions, chili peppers), and wore a bunch of mardi-gras beads.

5 comments:
Fun times! And omg, how many SETS? What does that even mean? How many songs? How many minutes? Did you like phish before? Omg.
Love the costume, btw.
and the shoutout.
so cute! very creative. i should have been better at guessing. food over comic book heroes. damn.
sounds like an excellent time!
Omigosh, you guys are SO CUTE! And here I was stuck on thinking you were going to be some kind of vegetable. Must have been because of my costume. That was such a great idea, Holly!
cute picture!!!
Post a Comment