Sunday, January 8, 2012

12 months


Dear Jaynie,
Happy Birthday To You!!  I can't believe you are 1 year old.  Where did the time go?  When I look back on the past year, I just cannot believe how much you have grown and developed, yet you are still that same little baby I held in my arms for the first time a year ago.




This month, you had your first taste of Christmas cookies, first visit with Santa, your first Christmas, and your first birthday.  Busy busy busy!  We made Christmas cookies at Nonny's house with Uncle Max, and you loved your first cookie taste.
Decorating your cookie

A few days later, you tried another Christmas cookie, this time one of Grandma's, on Christmas Eve.  You weren't into eating your cake on your birthday, but had fun touching the frosting.

Eyeing your cake...

And checking it out

Your second Christmas was a busy day.  Grandma and Aunt Kelly stayed at our house, and we all went to Nonny and Grandpa's house to celebrate with all sorts of family and friends.  On Christmas Eve, we stayed home and had gumbo with Grandma, Aunt Kelly, Nonny, Grandpa, Uncle Jason, and Great Grandma Marianne.  We celebrated your birthday on the 26th with a "penguin & peppermint party".
At 12 months old, you are on the verge of walking.  Cruising around the family room is your favorite activity, but you are not quite ready to stand without support yet.  For Christmas, Santa brought you a Radio Flyer wagon that you love to push back and forth through the house.  However,  crawling is still your preferred mode of transportation.
Santa brought you this push wagon

You've been eating like a bird lately, and are still long and skinny.  At your 12 month doctor check-up, you were in the 89th percentile for length, and 2nd percentile for weight.  The doctor put you on a diet of whole milk and high caloric food to fatten you up!  So far, you are loving the switch from formula to milk (but really, I have a feeling you never really liked formula from day one).  Other foods you love include goldfish, graham crackers, quesadillas, chicken (especially chicken & dumplings, chicken with rice, or chicken noodle soup), lasagna (we even served it on your birthday!), and yogurt melts.
Breakfast seems to be your favorite meal of the day.  You'll eat pureed fruit with yogurt, some cheerios, and then some banana.  Not so into your lunch, but you love meat for dinner.
You got a kitchen from Mom and Dad for your birthday!

"Cat" is still your favorite word, and now you point to everything you see and say "cat".  Anything new you see, you also point to it and Mom or Dad has to tell you what it is.  You are very alert to your surroundings, just as you were as a newborn, and want to know what everything is!  I have a feeling you will be asking MANY questions when you start talking.

You are a joy to have around, and everyday after work I am so excited to pick you up from daycare and take you home!  You make Mom and Dad laugh everyday, and we still can't get over how cute you are.  We are very excited to see what comes this year.

Love,
Mom and Dad

Your first birthday cake.  Grandma made it for you.  


6 comments:

J+K said...

Jayne Carol McCarthy...perfect in every way...we love you!
Nonny & Grampa

janet said...

Love the post! That dress for her birthday is the cutest thing I've ever seen....and the kitchen is wonderful!
I wish the doctor would put me on a high fat diet ; )
Really, who would like that nasty formula?? It's horrible!!
Happy Birthday Jaynie, can't wait to see you at Easter!
xoxo
Ps - Linda's cake is great!!!!!

Unknown said...

love your dress jaynie! and santa brought you a super cool present as did your momma and daddy for your birthday! happy birthday big girl!

as a side note, hols, i love your shirt in the family pic - and it's a great pic of the family too!

courtney said...

such a beauty! happy ONE! i love the push wagon!

Leslie said...

those are some crazy stats there, jaynie! you're so tall! and man, that cake looks faaaantastic! happy birthday, little one.

janet said...

Hey,
I just made the brussel spout hash last night....it was soooo great.
I was thinking, in between all the adorable pictures and updates of Jaynie (because I love them) maybe you could throw in a few recipes again?? I've enjoyed so many of them.
xoxo