Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finals and stuff

Wow, its been a busy few weeks, hence the sparse and short blogging. Last week was finals week, and I only had 2, but I found it challenging to fit extra studying time into my schedule. My first final (Screening & Therapeutic Processes for Speech) I scored over 100% (yes, I am fully aware of my nerdiness thanks to Scott's reminders), and my second final was Human Diseases, which I hardly studied for and was really insanely difficult. Basically the teacher took questions from all the tests we have taken over the semester and randomly compsed them into the final, so it would ask a question about multiple sclerosis, then one about diabetes, then one about arthritis. No rhyme or reason to it. We'll see how I did on that one, although I only needed 53% to get a B in the class.
Other than finals, I have been attending xmas parties, 1 for Spectrum Languages (my spanish tutoring company) and the annual holiday luncheon at Sepulveda Elementary School. And Scott and I had a few birthdays to attend last week for our friends Sam and Mike. For Sam's birthday Scott experimented with a new cheesecake flavor, Oreo cookie, with a cookie crust and cookies in the batter. It was delicious, but in my opinion, not as tasty as the one with whole blackberries in the batter.
As for wedding planning, we have decided to make our own invitations from this wonderful store in South Coast Plaza called Paper Source. More on this later though, we are still perfecting the craft. Maid of Honor Carla and I both have January off from school, so HOPEFULLY we will master the art of invitation making then.
I am going to end my post with a picture of our Christams lights. Scott went a little crazy this year. You have to put the picture into context...we are in an apartment complex and no one has lights up except some neighbors across the way, and they only have 2 strands...we have 10...

8 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

your apartment looks adorable! and i LOVE the paper source!!!

Sarah said...

i LOVE the lights! tell scott stellar work on those. it makes an important statement.

Unknown said...

congrats on getting the finals out of the way! i'm jealous that you have january off :)

the lights look great!!

Holly said...

I don't really have January completley off. I still have to tutor and sub, so the only thing I am not ding is classes, and that is the easiest part of my week!

courtney said...

i love your lights! dumb question - how do you hang the icicles around the window - staples?

Holly said...

courtney, i have no idea, scott did it all. i'm pretty sure no staples though since i know we don't own a staple gun.

courtney said...

Pete had lunch at the Ritz yesterday, said the food was wonderful, bar was packed full of Newpsies @ 230 getting bombed, like a bad scene out of the OC. Scott must have some stories... I''m looking forward to going there once I can fit into something other than sweats.

Holly said...

Scott was slaving away in the kitchen when Pete was there. Some of the REAL HOUSEWIVES of the OC came in the other night. This is their CRAZY time of the year, they do something like 500 people for lunch everyday this month.