
Scott's mom treated us to see the Rockette's Christmas Spectacular in Orange County on Wednesday night. I have never seen them before, since I think this is the first time they are playing in venues other than Radio City Music Hall in NY. They are here for about 3 weeks, and I think all the shows are sold out. The show really put us in the Christmas spirit, as it was all xmas songs and narrated by none other than Santa.
It was amazing to see the line of Rockettes stretch across the whole stage and the kicks were impeccably perfect. Wow. Their kicking puts my kick-boxing kicks to shame. They are very inspirational for getting your legs in shape...although unfortunately I will have to resign my dreams of ever being a Rockette since your have to be atleast 5'7" tall. Maybe I can be an elf in next year's show =) The show ended with a living nativity scene, complete with live sheep and camels. It really didn't have anything to do with the rest of the show, the Rockettes weren't even invloved in it, but it was beautiful nonetheless. But I do wish the Rockettes would've come out one more time at the end, like maybe the nativity scene members could have torn off their robes and formed a line for one more kick.Oh, and this was fun...before the show we pre-ordered champagne for intermission, so instead of standing in line at the bar during the break, our glasses were ready to drink with our name on it. Very VIP!
Tonight I am celebrating xmas with Scott's mom, sister Kelly, brother Jeff, and Jeff's girlfriend Carolina. I will try to do a quick post tomorrow morning before I head up north for xmas. I will be back in socal on Dec. 27th (my b-day!!). Scott is flying up on Christmas Day to spend the holiday with my family...this is the first time we will ever be spending Christmas Day together =)
4 comments:
Were you at the new performance center in Costa Mesa? I think it's a terrific venue, saw Joseph & the Technocolor Dreamcoat there just after it opened. Love the pre-order champagne, i remember they had impressively good food @ intermission. I would love to see the Rockettes - I'm lacking a little bit in the xmas mindset. I can't believe they had live animals in the nativity scene - i guess they didn't bring the dancers back out in case if one of the animals created a slipping hazard. My English teacher in high school was a Rockette - like 50 years ago... she used to tell us stories about how you'd get your pay docked if your kicks weren't in line with everybody else. not sure if that's true... that story always came up during rehearsals for musicals.
What a spectacular treat!! Love the pre-order champagne notion. And yay for spending Christmas with Scott!
that sounds like so much fun!! i love the pre-ordering of champagne!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!! (1 day late)
Post a Comment