Tuesday, January 20, 2009

President Barack Obama!

It's about time Obama takes over! I witnessed history in the making today at work with members of the youngest generation....kindergartners. I'm not sure they understood exactly what was happening, but they knew it was special, and they absolutely all know who Obama is. It was very moving to hear Obama speak about making our country a better place for future generations...with those very children he was speaking about watching him.
I leave you with a wish from one of my 3rd graders:
Me: You open a bag of potato chips and out pops a genie. What do you wish for?
Student: I wish I lived next door to the Obamas!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

that's so cute! it must have been even more moving to watch the inauguration with a group that will hopefully benefit from the change we so badly need.

devon lorraine ... said...

completely precious!

devon lorraine ... said...

we still need to catch up via phone!

Holly said...

i know dev! my bluetooth died on my drive =(