This year, due to the fact that Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday, we celebrated over breakfast. Scott brought some crab cakes home from work the night before, which we (or mostly he) transformed into delectable "crab cake benedict." Scott whipped up a hollandaise, poached some eggs, and sauteed the crab cakes. I was in charge of toasting the sourdough baguette (I know...big job!).
Our crab cake benedict is composed of a wedge of toasted sourdough, topped with a crab cake and a poached egg, and blanketed with hollandaise. It was a wonderfully rich and lavish breakfast, only to be followed by a lovely bouquet of pink roses!
I made a card for Scott, the picture on the front is my favorite wedding photo, click on the photo to enlarge it!
After brunch, Scott was off to help make a memorable night for 250 customers, while I stayed home to fix something special for my one valentine.
Mini Red Velvet Candy Heart Cakes with Cinnamon Speckled Frosting
I found the recipe on MarthaStewart.com
I found the recipe on MarthaStewart.com
I can't resist sharing Scott's Valentine's Day menu he created for the Yacht Club tonight:
February 14, 2009
For Valentine's Day
A menu for Two
Amuse Bouche
First Course
Roasted Red Pepper & Dungeness Crab Bisque
pimenton pastry, blood orange aioli, chives
or
Avocado, Jicama & Dungeness Crab Salad
blue corn tortilla confetti, ancho chile puree,
meyer lemon creme-fraiche dressing
Main Course
Surf & Turf
New York Steak, red wine reduction
Half of a 2lb Lobster, stuffed and baked,
brandy, mustard, gruyere cheese, mushrooms, and bread crumbs
valentino potatoes, spinach & roasted garlic timbale
Dessert
Love Potion #09214
a tasting in chocolate
Warm Spiced Milk Chocolate Shot
Bittersweet Rum & Cocoa Nib Truffle
Chocolate Espresso Shortbread
Dark Chocolate Ice Cream,
malted chocolate sauce
For Valentine's Day
A menu for Two
Amuse Bouche
First Course
Roasted Red Pepper & Dungeness Crab Bisque
pimenton pastry, blood orange aioli, chives
or
Avocado, Jicama & Dungeness Crab Salad
blue corn tortilla confetti, ancho chile puree,
meyer lemon creme-fraiche dressing
Main Course
Surf & Turf
New York Steak, red wine reduction
Half of a 2lb Lobster, stuffed and baked,
brandy, mustard, gruyere cheese, mushrooms, and bread crumbs
valentino potatoes, spinach & roasted garlic timbale
Dessert
Love Potion #09214
a tasting in chocolate
Warm Spiced Milk Chocolate Shot
Bittersweet Rum & Cocoa Nib Truffle
Chocolate Espresso Shortbread
Dark Chocolate Ice Cream,
malted chocolate sauce
6 comments:
How sweet. There is a large, opulent, pricey Indian restaurant on the ground floor of our apartment building, and we often wonder how they stay in business because it usually looks almost empty. But when I came home from work around 8 last night, it was packed with googley-eyed couples. So I guess that's the secret... the annual packed house on Valentine's Day gets them through the rest of the year?
that really does stink that you never get your husband on those key restaurant holidays. lame. but that breakfast looked amazing, i'm salivating, eggs benedict is my absolute favorite thing in the world, and throw in seafood and it's even better. i loved his menu - the dessert part sounded so yummy.
your cupcakes were super cute. did you get her cupcake issue - it was the February issue of Living, to die for.
sounds like an amazing breakfast!
the menu for the restaurant sounds amazing -- what was the amuse bouche?
have you ever read my friend amanda's blog? she is culinary school, and dating a chef. they celebrated valentine's day on tuesday, or something!
amuse bouche:
smoked salmon and horseradish pate on a heart shaped crostini
oh, and just an fyi: I didn't get any of this food! I ate a leftover crab cake and some sauteed kale by myself on Valentine's Day.
Courtney: The cakes were from her website, I think the date on it was 2007, so not from the recent cupcake issue. These weren't exactly cupcakes, I baked a whole cake on a cookie sheet, and cut hearts out with a cookie cutter.
awwwwwwwwwwww cuteness.
those cakes are so cute! and that breakfast looked delicious! yum!!!
Post a Comment