Our favorite Sunday afternoon destination in Santa Rosa is The Russian River Brewing Company. This place makes several award winning beers. Now I'm not a big beer drinker, but they have so many interesting flavors to try! My current favorite is Little White Lie, a pale ale that has an herbal aroma and light flavor. Perfect Sunday afternoon libation. We'll miss this place when Kelly moves =(
After the brew co, we returned to Kelly's apartment to make beignets. Beignets are a square French donut from New Orleans. Kelly had just returned from visiting family in New Orleans, so brought us such goodies as beignet mix and pralines. You really can't get good beignets out here, unless you make them yourself, and the best way to do that is by using Cafe Du Monde's Beignet Mix! It's super easy:
Just be careful not to breathe while taking a bite or you will blow powdered sugar everywhere.
Will our bellies full of beignets, we ended the beautiful weekend, only to return to another work week (only 5 more weeks this school year!!)
7 comments:
You had me at "beer & beignets." To die for. Not that I have ever had the two together, but isn't that a nice thought? I attended a Costume Society of America conference in New Orleans last year, at a hotel within walking distance of the French Quarter. Everyone was saying I had to have a beignet at Le Cafe du Monde. I figured this was just tourist crap (not one of my brightest moments), and was also turned-off by people's descriptions of them as "like donuts, but French, and with powdered sugar. Because I am not a big fan of donuts. Someone finally convinced me to go there with them around midnight on our last night, and I was proven so utterly wrong. If I had known there were so wonderful, I would have gone there every day.
How awesome that your sis-in-law will be moving to Walnut Creek! I am very close to Bryce's sisters too, especially the middle one. If we ever divorce, I think I'll probably sue to keep his family.
Seriously, I'm with Stephanie. I saw the title and jumped at the post.
Your move to Northern California has now proven cruel... I'd never allow myself to get near anything to fry. i'd burn down the house.
can you do savory beignets? i swear at Iva Lee's they have them over salad- made of cheese.
that sounds so fun!!! beer and beignets. yum. sounds like a great way to spend a day.
and wait, you had a wedding video?? i have zero memory of that. i didn't think i was that drunk. oh wait, nevermind i do remember, your brother was manning it, right?! god, i swear my memory continues to decline the longer i'm out of work. sad sad sad
Beignets are delicious pillows of sugary goodness =) I have heard of savory versions, but never tried one. I am urging Scott to create a crawfish beignet...fingers crossed that he'll do it!
Yes Katherine, my brother filmed my wedding. Its a cute DVD, lots of dancing on it!
Crawfish... beignet.. oh, the rapture...
You can do it Scott!
love the action shot with the powdered sugar!
sounds like you're enjoying all the nor cal has to offer.
go northern CA!!!!!!!!! it's hella better than so cal
oh fun, kelly is a sweetheart!
well i've never had a beignet in new orleans, but i've still had them. and like steph, i am not a doughnut fan but i've enjoyed beignets. so i can hardly imagine how much i would like GOOD beignets if the ones i've had are inferior!
Post a Comment