We began our Christmas Eve with breakfast in Claremont with my grandparents, and then headed off to Orange County, where we braved a packed Costco to pick up a Christmas ham. Once at Scott's mom's house, we began preparing Christmas Eve dinner: Chipotle-Pineapple Ham, "Not From a Can" Green Bean Casserole, and Fontina Mac'n'Cheese. We spent the evening eating, drinking wine, prepping gumbo for Christmas Day (thanks Jeff!) and playing The Price is Right on the Wii.
Christmas morning was spent tearing open gifts, enjoying family, and prepping a seafood feast. We had Jeff's Christmas Gumbo, and a Crab-Shrimp Boil. Not my family's tradition, but a mighty tasty one indeed!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Next up: Birthday post!
8 comments:
what an awesome christmas. the pjs are super cute but i need to see a better shot of this new hair do you mentioned.
oh, i've missed slyman's blog comments. glad you're back from mexico, friend.
-those are super cute pjs and so not the flannel footie pjs most kids get christmas eve!
-i like that they decorate their tv.
-what did scott think of the chocolate? we have a mini bar at home and i'm too scared of it to try.
Sarah- my new short hair will be visible in my next post...I couldn't find a new hair stylist up north, so I got frustrated after trying 4 girls and decided to grow my hair, until I found this new girl I love!
Les- The baco-choco bar is exactly that, a chocolate bar with chunks of bacon in it. It is interesting, but you seriously can't put it down (its the sweet/salt thing going on...addicting!)
looks like you guys had a great holiday!!!!
i feel like we need the story behind scott being 'scared into' buying you pjs!!
and i really want to play the price is right on wii. i have only played wii once, baseball, for one turn, and i sucked.
looks like a festive holiday! love the non-traditional traditions!
oh and the bacon chocolate bar is from vosges, made in chicago!
they also make pancake mix with bacon in it, which sounds weirder to me than having baco in choco. like in a candy bar, it makes sense to be candied bacon, but in pancakes, i feel like real bacon might be better?
As for the PJs, its a family tradition that my parents gave us PJs every xmas eve, to wear xmas morning. Since I wasn't going to be there this year, my mom told Scott "You BETTER get Holly new pajamas!" So he did (although I opened them Christmas day, not eve).
Oh, and the baco-choco bar sounds like it would contain "candied bacon", but it is not candied at all! It is like a bite of bacon in the middle of the chocolate, same texture and everything. Baco-Pancakes sound heavenly! I LOVE baco-waffles...
what!??!?!? they have price is right for wii?!?!?!?!!?! i neeeeeeed that.
1) I love the Vosges bacon bar. But I always find myself wishing it had more bacon in it.
2) Almost ten years into our marriage (and almost twelve years together), I still have a hard time with the whole family-sharing issue around the holidays. I adore Bryce's family, but I am miserable if I am not with mine for Christmas. The long geographic distance between them does not help matters. But if the Nichols family cooked the way Scott's family cooks, I think I might be able to handle it better!
Post a Comment