I am so sorry I have neglected you for the past month. I just needed a blog break. I promise I will not neglect for such a long period of time ever again.
So here is what has been happening in the past month:
~Scott got hired full time with Barbara Llewellyn Catering Company! He is officially the "executive sous chef", but funny thing is there is no "executive chef" at the moment, so Scott is actually doing that job. Hopefully in the next few months he will get promoted. The best thing about him getting this position is the fact that I don't have to work this summer! I mean, I would work if there was a summer school job open, but there is not, so no work and no worries!
~We took a quick trip down to Orange County to surprise Devon at her baby shower in Santa Monica. I can't wait until Baby Larkin arrives mid-July!
We also met up with a bunch of friends and watched Phish 3D, brunched with the Verburgs and Micah, and spent time with the in-laws.
We also met up with a bunch of friends and watched Phish 3D, brunched with the Verburgs and Micah, and spent time with the in-laws.
We'll be down to the OC again this summer, with a ton to do again: use our free Disney tickets, OC Fair, check out Jeff at the Long Beach Aquarium, San Diego, Claremont...good thing I'm not working!
~Garden is in the ground and ready to grow! We're just missing the heat. It has been a very mild and rainy, and downright cold spring here in the Bay Area. No shorts weather yet...legs are still WHITE WHITE WHITE! Hoping summer comes soon.
~Scott did a cooking demo at Bloomingdales in SF. This was not like the Tyler Florence demo, where he was the assistant. This time, Scott was the chef demo-ing. My parents, brother, and I went to cheer him on as he made 'Meyer Lemonade with Lemon Thyme', 'Chilled English Pea Soup', and 'Sake Morro Bay Black Cod in Parchment'. He did a super job. Now we're just waiting for The Food Network to call (haha...in our dreams!)

~We've decided to stay in our home until September. We really want to spend the summer with our neighbors, and our garden is in the ground here. Technically, the bank has to honor our lease, which is not up until September, so we are safe until then. I would like to stay longer, but more on that later.
~Cooking! Here's a few things I whipped up recently (sorry, no pics this time): Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait (recipe courtesy of the pastry chef at Barbara Llewellyn Catering), vanilla-caramel swirl ice cream, and vanilla almond cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. Hmmm, seems that I've had a sweet tooth lately!
Now you're updated for the past month. More exciting posts to come!
5 comments:
oh, dear holly. i'm so glad you're back.
this was a good update! you have been neglecting your followers, but it also sounds like you have been busy, busy, busy!!
thanks for the update. missed them but since i got to see you it didn't feel quite so long.
yay! you're back!!!! loved the updates - congrats on all the exciting fun news! and i'm glad to hear that you can stay in your house til your lease is up at least!!!!
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I'm so excited for you both it's the most amazing feeling in the world.
Can I have the recipe for the cupckaes please please. During my pregnancy I developed a mean sweet tooth. I went from beeing a bacon and potatoes kind of girl to craving ice cream with chocolate, caramel and peanuts.
Post a Comment