I have just discovered the 1/2 off wine section at my local Safeway! It is well hidden (surely to avoid a stampede of oenophiles). Way in the back of the store, tucked on a shelf near the door to the back room, there is a shelf of 1/2 price food items. They are usually marked down due to dented packaging, expiring dates, or, in the case of the wine, stained labels. And get this, the 1/2 price is off of whatever price the wine happens to be at the time, so if the wine is on sale, you get 1/2 off the sale price. The last trip to the store I picked up a 2008 Stag's Leap Sauvignon Blanc (usually $31, I got it for $12), and a bottle of 2009 Layer Cake Chardonnay (usually $15, I got it for $6). They even had a bottle of $129 Schramsberg Champagne for 1/2 price (I did not buy that, however). So next time you're at your local grocery chain, keep your eye out for the discount shelf and check it for wine deals. Too bad I am super pregnant...but it is never too early to stock up for post-baby!

I will gladly take stained labels for a good price!
4 comments:
meeeeee too!!!! must find this discount shelf!!!!!!!
and btw, i need more preggy belly pics please! :)
i can attest to the deliciousness of that bottle of stag's leap sauv blanc! the stained label did not affect the taste...
other wine deals at safeway alert: morning fog for $7.30 in the six pack!
i need to find out where this discount shelf is at our local grocery store! might get me in there more often!
I love those 2.
Post a Comment