Brian, Nichole, Micah, Scott and I
Scott and I headed down to Orange County a few weeks back for a baby shower and a trip to Disneyland. We volunteered 6 hours of our time at a community garden back in March to get free tickets, which expire in December. Scott's work schedule prevented us from going this summer, and then me being pregnant really did not make me a desirable Disneyland companion (I can't ride Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, pretty much all the fun stuff). So the fact that our tickets were free, and our friends Brian and Nichole have season passes and a 2 year old Micah, we were able to spend a fun day at Disneyland, along with Scott's sister Kelly. It worked out perfectly...Nichole is used to skipping all the "big" rides due to Micah, so I conveniently was able to watch Micah while Brian and Nichole rode Space Mountain and Indiana Jones (Micah and I really prefer The Tiki Room anyway).
So I have to say, Disneyland still holds all its magic, even when you are 8 months pregnant. Although I was pretty bummed I had to skip the margaritas at lunch. 
Me and my empty Dole Whip (pineapple fro-yo sold infront of the Tiki Room)
Nichole and I waiting for the submarine
Goofy!
Scott and Micah ready for Captain EO (Michael Jackson in 3-D, straight out of 1986!)
I've dubbed this the "drunk tank". You can request the back compartment of the monorail, and you get a private car! Great after lots of wine or margaritas in Downtown Disney =)
See, told you I missed out on margaritas!
(and that's why it's the drunk tank!)

Did I mention it was Halloween time at Disneyland? Mickey ghost!
A sign of the times...5 years ago these guys would have flown across the country for a Phish show (where some of their friends were), but instead they are drinking coffee at Disneyland and comparing smart phones. Love it!
3 comments:
such a cute post!
1) you look great! in the photo with nichole where you were waiting for submarines, you'd never guess there was an 8months pregnant belly outside the frame!
2) love the coffee drinking smart phones guys vs. phish concert comparison. you forgot to mention they're also dads!
you definitely look great! and very comfortable! mmmm...dole whip....
looks like such a fun trip! i agree with devs!
Post a Comment