Thursday, December 9, 2010

Things to do on maternity leave

I've been on maternity leave officially for a week now, and I've compiled a list of things to do:

  • Go watch my husband do a cooking demo with Marcus Samuelsson at Macy's Union Square.
  • Cook a Spanish cocido feast, a recipe I learned in Spain and haven't had time to cook for years! (sorry, no pictures of this one, but my parents and brother certainly enjoyed it.)

  • Bake Christmas cookies (actually, OVERBAKE Christmas cookies), and then redeem the overbake-ness by dipping them in melted chocolate.


  • Finish Christmas shopping (seriously, I think this is the earliest EVER that I have finished!)


  • Make a Christmas stocking for the baby. Her name will have to wait until next Christmas to make an appearance on the stocking!

  • Decorate the Christmas tree!
I'm very happy that the Christmas season has been keeping me busy this past week...but I am getting very excited to meet this baby soon!

8 comments:

courtney said...

And get plenty of rest. You look adorable!!!

devon lorraine ... said...

you look so cute! i am on pins and needles every day wondering if little mcbaby has decided to come yet!

and now i kind of wish i had taken time off before piper arrived...

carol Vetterli said...

You look like you have had a good time! Isn't it nice to be all ready for this wonderful month?! I love the stocking.

Leslie said...

looks like you're feeling great! and i love that your tree is your size! :)

janet said...

How fun, having time off is a treat!
Neal especially loves his cookies extra well done like that, just perfect crispiness!
Can't wait to hear you've gone into labor, hope it's soon now!
xoxo

Sarah said...

you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Unknown said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you with the tree. you look fabulous!!!

J+K said...

the stocking is adorable!! where did you learn to sew like that ;-)
i certainly hope little mcbaby has a name before next Christmas!