 |
Helping with laundry
|
Here's a little Jaynie update:
NOT walking yet. She's just too efficient of a crawler, and sees no point in altering her current mode of transportation. She does push her wagon, and cruise around everything. I give her a month or more to take those first steps...
 |
I love to bounce on my knees!
|
She's FINALLY eating more and has gained a little weight. Yeah! She's been gobbling down bananas, cheese puffs, snap pea crisps, raviolis, and quinoa. And she still eats her babyfood purees at daycare, which I'm still making. Lately I've made: Brown butter sweet potatoes with clementine juice, roasted pears with vanilla, apple-blueberry barley crumble, and mashed potatoes with broccoli. She loves it all, but was not a fan of the carmelized carrots and fennel.
 |
Babyfood making afternoon
|
Books are her favorite toy of the moment. She crawls to her bookshelf, and brings books to Scott and I to read to her. She likes to sit in our laps and snuggle under a blanket when we read to her.
 |
| Reading with mom |
When we finish a book, and crawls off and brings another one to read. She also likes to look through the books on her own. I am so excited that she loves books so much...I hope she turns out to be a voracious reader like me! She already has some favorite books, which she prefers us to read over others. They include: Brown Bear Brown Bear, Where's Spot, and Mother Goose Rhymes.
 |
Busy "reading" on her own
|
 |
Bringing me a book to read
|
 |
And now bringing the pillow to cuddle with
|
 |
Copying her book (this is one of her new faves: Head Shoulders Knees and Toes)
|
She's learned how to blow kisses. She blows kisses when she leaves daycare, when she comes home, to Grandma on Skype, and even to pictures in her books. She also gives Scott and I real kisses on our cheeks. Love it!!
 |
| Reading on her own again...seriously, favorite activity |
4 comments:
those are some stinkin cute pictures made even more cute by the fact that she loves to snuggle and read!!! love her! she's just too adorable for words!
i can't believe how time is flying and how big she's getting! What a little beauty!
and i'm a little jealous of her daily dining experiences. those purees sounds absolutely amazing. there was a spot in newport that was making gourmet baby purees and i used to hoof it up there to pick them up for alex, but they didn't go anywhere near the level of ingredients that you are doing.
Thanks for the update! Jaynie is getting so big and so grown up. Reading is such a snuggly fun thing to do! I can't wait to see Jaynie at Easter!
Courtney: I remember that babyfood place too, I used to live down the street from it. Didn't they have a highchair "tasting bar?". Thinking I should try selling babyfood to the other daycare moms, since I have to make it anyway...
Post a Comment