Oooh, a food post!! Last weekend, after Jaynie was sound asleep, Scott and I broke out our cast iron skillet, some fresh scallops, and dried pasta to whip up this amazing dinner. I was in charge of the linguine, and Scott threw together a quick lime-butter sauce for the scallops (I'd like to point out that the lime-butter scallops were my idea...I was the creative genius, and Scott was solely my kitchen minion).
Linguine with cacio e pepe (or linguine with cheese and pepper), is a Mario Batali recipe that I adore (as do my parents). For it's deliciousness and refinement, it is AMAZINGLY easy to make. Seriously, your guests will be impressed...and you can say: "Oh this? I just whipped it up!"
Linguine with Cacio e Pepe
(From Molto Gusto, by Mario Batali)
Kosher salt
1/4 cup coarsely ground black pepper
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 pound dried linguine
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus extra for serving
1/4 cup grated pecorino romano
Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 tablespoons kosher salt.
Meanwhile, set another large pot over medium heat, add the pepper, and toast, stirring, until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the oil and butter and stir occasionally until the butter has melted. Remove from the heat.
Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook until just al dente. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
| Dinner & a movie! |
7 comments:
oh baby! I love the 1/4 c of pepper in the pasta! I will try it soon.
So glad to see a food post, thank you!!
Love you Jaynie......but food posts are fun too : )
Holly's right...that is one fabulous pasta!! The scallops sound yummy, too!
Holly, this looks fabulous!!! Will definitely be trying this. Okay now, you need to tell me how to follow your blog on Blogger! I don't see that freakin' "follow" icon ANYWHERE. Am i nuts? Oh and hey, thank so much for putting my wannabe foodie website on your page. Really appreciate that!
Tara...I don't know how to follow my own blog. How lame is that? I know I have a few followers though. Let me look into it...
Tara...I don't know how to follow my own blog. How lame is that? I know I have a few followers though. Let me look into it...
Hi, Holly! I just went through all your posts of recent months, (I've been way behind on my blog-reading again... like, um, 4-5 months... but am almost back on track in time for the summer!), so here's a sample of the comments that went through my head: "Jaynie just gets cuter every day!" "OMG, she is adorable in that lion costume!" "Jaynie in her little play kitchen next to her dad in the big grown-up kitchen, that's so sweet!" "Ooh, jellyfish! Pretties!" "Oh, man... I can almost taste the pasta in that picture." And most of the rest of my my internal comments involved cooing over Jaynie, naturally. :-) xo, Stephanie
sounds delicious!!!
Post a Comment