Easter was a busy weekend for the McCarthy's. We had tons of family in town, which meant plenty of get togethers. Scott's mom and sister stayed at our house, and my grandparents, aunts & uncles, and cousins (all of them!!!) were here for the weekend (thankfully not at our little townhouse).
The weekend began with a visit with Aunt Janet and Julianna at a little park in Danville. Jaynie showed off her walking skills, swinging skills, and duck pointing skills.
| Grandma and Nonny |
Saturday was Easter prep day, which meant dying eggs, making potato salad, and baking desserts. And of course a trip to the toy store since Grandma was visiting!
| Eyeing Aunt Janet's bunny cakes. Someday it will be Jaynie's job to make these cakes. Also, pretty sure she is signing "more" here. |
Then came Easter. The last time Jaynie had to deal with huge family get togethers was at Christmas time, and she was a bit under the weather, and was hardly herself at all. I was a little worried about Jaynie braving the crowds again, but this time she was a champ!! She stayed up 2 hours past bedtime on Easter, and didn't even let out as much as a whine that she was exhausted. I think she didn't want to miss any of the party, so kept going and going. Good girl =)
We had 30 people at my parent's house, complete with our annual ping pong tournament. This year also featured an egg hunt, starring Jaynie. Out of 30 people, Jaynie was the only child (hint hint cousins), so she did a solo hunt. She was thrilled to open the eggs and find goldfish, yogurt melts, and chocolate. She even tried her hand at ping pong.
| Egg hunt time! |
![]() |
| My favorite egg hunt photo...it captures the magic of her Easter |
My cousin Christian won the tournament this year, with a $132 prize, and Jim F. took second place with $65. The stakes are going up! I really need to practice for next year, since I have been eliminated in the first round every single year. No pics of the tourney, as I was hardly able to watch any of it as I was keeping my eye on my very active one year old!
| Ping pong champ 2022 |
It was a wonderful Easter, and I feel very lucky that so much of our family is able to get together so often.


4 comments:
Jaynie was absolutely precious! And so smart, too. Thanks for the adorable pics!
i LOVE her outfit!! those are absolutely fabulous pictures. i really truly cannot wait to meet this gorgeous little scrippsie in the making :)
She is such a cutie pie Holly! Hope one of these years we can finally meet up when I'm back in town...
It sure is nice to have Jaynie around so we can have the egg hunt again!. She does need some competition one of these days, don't hold your breath too long.
It was a wonderful Easter!!!
Post a Comment