The weekend started on Saturday, when we met at the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica for the wedding shower. We reserved a poolside cabana at the swank hotel, and drank mimosas and nibbled on hummus, pita, truffle-scented grilled cheese sandwiches, salad, and red velvet cupcakes. The party guests were a mix of dev's high school and college girlfriends (which are most of my fellow bloggers).
After the Viceroy, our group of 10 was reduced to 6 for the remainder of the weekend. These 6 were me, devon, Leslie, Katherine, Sarah Mac, and Sarah L. Except for Leslie, these are all Scripps girls. We headed over to the Huntley Hotel to check in and relax for a few hours. That night devon donned a "Miss Bachelorette" sash and a shot glass on a pink ribbon around her neck.
Sunday morning we slept in and eventually made our way to Blue Plate for brunch. Then we stumbled around Montana Ave for some aimless window shopping, and somehow ended up at Color Me Mine painting a bowl for devon.
After the movie, Sarah L. took devon to run some errands while the rest of us decorated the hotel room in a "bachelorette theme." Leslie had purchased a whole box of fun that included a game called "pin the macho on the man" and placemats, playing cards (a little to realistic for my taste), banners, plates, plastic utensils, and lots of other fun things. I'm not sure if devon was suprised or offended when she saw it =)
The weekend was a blast, and now we all have dev's wedding to look forward to!
11 comments:
what a great recap! now i don't have to, right?! haha, kidding.
wait, mark burnett was there?!?! wtf?! how'd i miss him?! i love reality tv... since i'm not employed, in my drunken state, i know i would have tried to convince him to put me on his next show :)
sarah mac and I met a crazy girl in the bathroom talking all about mark burnett and that he is so boring and why can't he make sitcoms? she was really weird...kinda like that fitness model/hair extension/actress/singer girl...LA bars are so weird
while you and sarah were peeing mark burnett girl asked me to be in a photo with her. it was weird!!
so fun to read your re-cap!
OH! I thought I recognized some short older man. That was totally Mark Burnett! Hahahaha. I still have Alexandra's card from the Huntley. I can't believe I had to go pimp the silver foxes to Ms. Silicon herself.
Great recap! Great weekend. Still recovering!!!
Oh and I'm still having penii flashes from Sunday night. They were EVERYWHERE!!!!!
That girl in the bathroom was really weird. She also seemed eerily in the mix about our group. Could she have been envious of the way that Katherine and Sarah effortlessly charmed the Silver Foxes?!
But in any case, yes, I think that Mark Burnette was in the bar.
Holly, I love the pics and your narrative. These are SO cute!
Sarah M.
Oh I'm google again, sorry.
that explains the old dudes in Katherine's photo album. i was wondering.
yeah, that explains the old dudes!! they were funny... and hey, paid for the evening so that was nice!
dang, can't believe i missed my reality show debut. oh well!
i didn't know who mike b was until last night. am i that unhip?
Post a Comment