2 years of schooling for my speech assistant license, and I'm all done! I had my last final today, and next Wednesday I go to a "pinning ceremony" for my speech program. The speech language pathology assistant (SLPA) program is small, there are 25 of us. I guess we get a pin to show we finished. The school can't actually give us our license, that comes from the state. If I wanted to, I could walk in the community college graduation next Thursday, because I have officially completed my AS degree (actually, I only had to show my transcripts from Scripps and they gave me the degree), but I am opting not to partake in the graduation ceremony. I feel like I have put my friends and families through enough of those...the worst one was Pepperdine with Devon when we got our masters, it was 95 degrees outside and we had to sit there for over an hour in our heavy black robes...gross!
Now that school and speech clinicals are over, I have more time to sub (and make some $$), wedding plan, and get ready to move...
6 comments:
Yeeaaaaaahhhh! Congrats again -- I think SLPA is the coolest!
Congrats! I will be thinking of your pinning ceremony when I'm at GCC's graduation in a few weeks! I actually think it's really fun to go to graduation as a faculty member because you get to see your darling students graduate.
The only yucky part is wearing the regalia--bleh--it's sooooo hot in a puffy hat and velvet-y robe. I guess it's good practice for my wedding in Claremont although I will NOT be wearing a hat...or velvet.
HOLY COW!! Congrats!
congratulations!!!!!
yay!!!!! congrats!!!!!
btw, that picture looks like the jersey shore in august. good lord.
Post a Comment