Southern CA (and Northern too, I think), is in the depths of a heat wave. Temps shot up on Friday, and are lingering above normal all weekend and into next week. It was 80 degrees out when I arrived at work at 7:30am Friday! So Saturday Scott and I decided to head to the beach. We went with our friend Chris, who works with someone who lives on the beach. We used the beach house as a base for food and drinks while we spent the day laying in the sun and swimming in the ocean (not even cold!). In the evening, Scott cooked tri-tip and pulled pork sandwiches for everyone while we sat around a fire. Today I am heading out to Claremont to visit my grandparents. It should be a good 10 degrees warmer out there than on the coast...but atleast they have air conditioning!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Its a HOT one!
What do you do when it is 85 degrees in your house and you have no air conditioning? Go to the beach! Apparently, everyone in Orange County had the same idea.
Southern CA (and Northern too, I think), is in the depths of a heat wave. Temps shot up on Friday, and are lingering above normal all weekend and into next week. It was 80 degrees out when I arrived at work at 7:30am Friday! So Saturday Scott and I decided to head to the beach. We went with our friend Chris, who works with someone who lives on the beach. We used the beach house as a base for food and drinks while we spent the day laying in the sun and swimming in the ocean (not even cold!). In the evening, Scott cooked tri-tip and pulled pork sandwiches for everyone while we sat around a fire. Today I am heading out to Claremont to visit my grandparents. It should be a good 10 degrees warmer out there than on the coast...but atleast they have air conditioning!
Southern CA (and Northern too, I think), is in the depths of a heat wave. Temps shot up on Friday, and are lingering above normal all weekend and into next week. It was 80 degrees out when I arrived at work at 7:30am Friday! So Saturday Scott and I decided to head to the beach. We went with our friend Chris, who works with someone who lives on the beach. We used the beach house as a base for food and drinks while we spent the day laying in the sun and swimming in the ocean (not even cold!). In the evening, Scott cooked tri-tip and pulled pork sandwiches for everyone while we sat around a fire. Today I am heading out to Claremont to visit my grandparents. It should be a good 10 degrees warmer out there than on the coast...but atleast they have air conditioning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ohhhhh i wish it would warm up here! i was at a cubs game today wearing long sleeves, a tshirt, and a fleece... and still cold!!! brrr.... the beach picture makes me insanely jealous!!!
yep, it is about time for it to warm up here. sheesh.
I was wrong, it was 15 degrees warmer in Claremont, a good 102 degrees out there, and it was graduation day for the colleges! I hope Scripps supplied enough champagne to forget about the heat...
yikes! i just read the part about graduation. i wasn't smart enough to stay on the coast all weekend. we really need these heat waves to stop. they're ridiculous. it's supposed to stay cooler near the beach!!!!! that's why we pay so much money to live there!!!!!
Post a Comment