OK, so I don't have any pictures on my camera of the rehearsal, wine tasting, rehearsal dinner, or wedding. So I am going to skip pictures on this post. I know everyone has already seen Devon's pictures and blurbs about the big day anyway. Of course though, I will post my photographer's link when those pics are ready!
But here is a quick summary of it all:
I held a LOVELY ribbon bouquet made by my Auntie Anne for the rehearsal, it had ribbons trailing to the ground. After the rehearsal, the wedding party headed to the barrel room at Murrieta's Well where we had a private wine tasting. The wine host, unfortunately, was a history buff and proceeded to recite Livermore's complete history prior to pouring any wine (enough all ready!!!!). But once the wine started flowing, all was good. My grandpa brought a special bottle for the tasting, a 1973 Chauteau something (can't remember and the bottle is at my parent's house). Here is the story of the bottle: My mom and dad gave this bottle of wine to my grandpa in 1975. After my mother passed away, my grandpa decided to keep the wine and open it on either my or my brother Jason's wedding day (whichever came first). I'm sure my grandpa sweated a bit worrying about the wine's age as neither Jason nor I got married for awhile. So we were full on expecting this wine to have already passed it's prime when we opened it, but it was MARVELOUS. I think it may have tasted even better maybe 5-10 years ago, but it definitely still had good flavor, and it was so special to share it with our friends and family.
After wine tasting, we headed off to Casa Orozco Mexican Restaurant and feasted on Mexican food and pitcher upon pitcher of margaritas. There were many toasts, my favorite one was short and sweet straight from the heart from my dear cousin Julianna. Everyone had a blast, and I headed home for the night while the rest of the party continued at the hotel.
The wedding day was next. Neither Scott or I were nervous, everything went off without a hitch, and it was PERFECT!!! I walked down the aisle to a subtle version of "Someday My Prince Will Come", and Scott and I danced to "Waste"(a Phish song) covered by Dave Matthews. I danced with my dad to "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys. Appetiezers included heirloom tomato bruschetta, seared ahi, and smoked chicken salad brioches. Everyone ate a double cut smoked pork chop with Brentwood peach chutney, polenta, and garden chard. The cake was a buttercream chiffon cake with creme brulee filling with fresh strawberries. After dinner, everyone danced...the DJ even commented that she could have played anything and this crowd would have danced! My high school friend Nina caught the bouquet. It really was perfect, and I made sure not to let the time pass to quickly and partied the night away on the dance floor =)
4 comments:
the wedding was lovely and such a great time!!
I love the wine story, how special!
Your entire entry is making me salivate, and now that the baby is napping, I'm starting to see the green light for a glass of wine... maybe.
courtney...why do you need to wait for the baby to nap to have wine? and remember, there is never "maybe" with wine...i'm off to the OC fair (they have a wine tent)
oh it all sounds perfect! congrats again!!!
Post a Comment