It's official folks, I'm 30! I celebrated my milestone birthday December 27th with a tapas and paella party at my parents' house. Months ago when Scott asked me how I wanted to mark the big occasion, I decided on a Spanish themed culinary celebration, as part of my heart has been in Spain since my study abroad in Madrid in 1999. The party was spectacular! Scott, my parents, my uncle and I all combined efforts to create a huge spread of Spanish tapas, and then Scott and my dad made paellas that rivaled eachother in taste. We drank sangria and Spanish wines, and we were graced with Scott's famous cheesecake for dessert. I spent my big day with 20 family and friends, making me feel oh so loved =)
Here's a quick recap of the night:
Prepping for the evening in our "McCarthy" aprons
Dad's Baked Spanish olives
Uncle Dick's Bacon wrapped dates stuffed with almonds
Holly's Tortilla Espanola, a classic Spanish dish available everywhere in Madrid!
Mom's Jamon serrano and melon
Mom's Fried eggplant with yogurt lemon sauce
Uncle Dick's Manchego rice balls (rissotto balls with manchego cheese in the middle, fried)
Mom's Asparagus a la plancha (grilled)
Mom's Roasted mini peppers stuffed with goat cheese
Dad's Peppers marinated with garlic
Scott's Clams with white wine and garlic sauce
3 comments:
first of all, you look great and so happy! yay, turning 30 doesn't look so scary after all!
and that food looks incredible. wow. i mean, wow. i am speechless!
How wonderful, Holly! What a great way to celebrate entering this new, exciting decade of your life - surrounded by friends, family, and amazing food. I love the aprons picture. I was thinking of you on your birthday, when I was up in the air, flying home from California to Philly. See you look so happy makes me happy, too! Thanks for sharing!
looks like a FANTASTIC party! Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Post a Comment