Wow, it's been a busy few weeks, and then there was this thing called Thanksgiving thrown in the middle of it!
This year Scott and I celebrated Thanksgiving together for the first time EVER! This is another perk of Scott's new job...the restaurant is actually closed on T-day and Xmas. At his old job, Thanksgiving was one of the busiest days of the year, so we are both very thankful that he doesn't have to work it anymore. It is very rare that we get to spend a holiday together, so we took full advantage of the day, beginning with coffee, baked eggs, and the Macy's parade. We had dinner with 21 family members at my grandma Marianne's house in Walnut Creek...everything was delicious, the turkey was perfect, and paired perfectly with the wild mushroom & duck reduction gravy Scott bought from a local chef at a fundraiser. Oh, and a special shout out for my mom's pumpkin pie...best crust ever, I still can't replicate it, and I even have the recipe!
So after Thanksgiving, I continued to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season for the remainder of the weekend. Friday night I dropped by my neighbor's fish fry in our shared backyard before heading to Pam's house for cocktails with my parents, brother Max, and his girlfriend Victoria. Pam is my childhood friend Haley's mom/ old neighbor/ dear family friend. After cocktails, our family headed to my parent's house to dine on homemade smoked turkey chili and cornbread while watching Wizard of Oz...not my mom's top choice, but the rest of us loved it =)
After two family days, the rest of the weekend I spent with friends. Saturday night I went out for Mexican food and margaritas with high school friends Liz and Andrea, and then Andrea and I headed out to Berkeley to meet up with Andrea's friend; where Andrea proceeded to drink a concoction called a "Booty Shaker."
Sunday night Scott and I had dinner with our Walnut Creek friends Brian & Irina. Scott and Brian went to high school together. Irina made a wonderfully tasty and rich french onion soup and Parmesan chicken. Gotta say, Scott and I are used to doing the cooking when we are at friend's houses, so we were both very pleased to have dinner cooked for us...thanks Irina...it was delicious!
So after my busy weekend with no camera batteries, the holiday season is officially kicked off...more posts to come!
6 comments:
oooooh, i had FISH FRY on FRIDAY, too!! it's a big thing in upstate new york -- a bunch of the restaurants do it.
sounds like a great, and busy, weekend.
also sounds like you'll get to spend xmas with scott, too?
and i think if you go into customize --> layout --> fonts and colors, you can scroll down to the font for each piece of your blog and select a new size.
Oh, Andrea... Every time you mention hanging out with her, memories get me cracking up.
sounds like an awesome way to start the holiday!!
wow, that sounds like so much fun! that's awesome that you got to spend tgiving with scott. and i wish i could have a slice of your mom's pumpkin pie... i'm pretty sure everyone by now is aware of my pumpkin obsession!
btw, what the heck is a booty shaker!?!? and how did she know to order that?! and i thought i knew booze... geez! :) hi to andrea!!
i get so hungry reading your blog... yum.
Post a Comment