1. KFOG Kaboom
KFOG is San Francisco's classic (and modern) rock radio station. Every year they have a concert on a pier in SF, followed by a grand firework display choreographed to music. I have never been to Kaboom before, and when my parents ended up with an extra ticket, I took them up on the offer to go with them. Let me just summarize the day/evening by saying the drinks were free flowing, and you'll have to ask someone else how the fireworks were...I didn't quite make it that far. I really think my dad has to take part of the blame here...he made me a double martini, which I probably would not have had if I had known there was 4 oz. of gin in it (and that was after champagne and wine!) So here's a few pictures of the day, and I will spare you all the details of how it ended.
2. Mother's DayThe day after Kaboom was Mother's Day. Originally, the plan was for Scott and I to cook brunch for my mom, but due to my well-deserved hangover and Scott's unfortunate work schedule, we rescheduled brunch for the following Sunday. So I spent Mother's Day watching Sex and the City, season 2, and then had dinner with my parents and grandma (my dad grilled some wonderful lamb).
3. Baby Shower
Our friends Brian and Irina are due July 3rd. Scott went to high school with Brian, and now Brian and Irina live less than a mile from us in Walnut Creek. The shower was really lovely and HOT, it was probably 100 degrees on Saturday! Sorry the pics are small
4. Mother's Day Re-Do
We finally had our Mother's Day brunch on Sunday. Scott and I made crab cake benedict, brulee-d grapefruit, and country potatoes, accompanied by mimosas. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures!
5. Pizza!
Last night Scott and I experimented with grilled pizzas. Scott has been perfecting his pizza dough at work, and yesterday finally made it at home for me...delicious! We made 3 mini pizzas, but I only have pictures of the pre-grilled pizzas since they took longer than anticipated to cook, which means we drank a few too many beers waiting for them, and I was a little to toasty to man the camera by the time they were done...




4 comments:
Hi,
we pregrill our dough a little just until it's easy to pick up off the grill in one piece. Also, try putting it straight onto the coals instead of using a pizza stone. Make sure the coals are grey and really even, a slow burning low fire works best.
Miss you guys!
i LOVE KFOG's kaboom! i went when i lived there and got drunk and met some boys and then fell on the railroad tracks with my friend mary and then went to a bar and met more boys and don't remember the rest of the night. so fun!!!!!!
I'm so impressed that you made pizza on a barbecue grill. I have never seen that done before. I guess I need to get out more.
Your story about the hangover cracked me up, in an "I can relate" and "Aren't we too old for this?" way. It only happens once a year at most, but every time I end up with a nasty hangover, I feel so embarrassed that I'm apparently still not grown-up enough to know better. It sounds like your dad makes a mean martini. Well, at least you got to reschedule Mother's Day!
sounds like you've been having fun! ugh, those hangovers just keep getting nastier and nastier the older we get. boo for that. but yay for the heavy handed pouring of your dad - that's pretty great.
the pizzas sound delicious. yum!
Post a Comment