We took a short weekend jaunt to Monterey over President's Day weekend back in February. Aunt Kelly joined us so Scott and I could sneak away for a romantic dinner for two. But the main reason for the trip was the aquarium!
Now that Jaynie is one, it is so fun to go places with her. She loves to watch everything going on around her, and is so excited to see new things. At the aquarium, she was ecstatic! She clapped whenever we walked into a new room, pointed to all the tanks and kids, and squealed with excitement. I think I spent more time watching Jaynie's reactions than watching the fish.
 |
Pretty much her face the whole time at the aquarium
|
 |
Jellies!
|
She got a little TOO excited watching the ocean with Scott at lunch, and kicked her shoe off into the water! The sea otters went dancing on the town that night!
 |
| Oops...lost me shoe Daddy... |
 |
| Lower left... |
 |
Look Mom...no shoes!!
|
After the aquarium, we strolled down the wharf and picked up dinner for Aunt Kelly: fresh calamari, clam chowder, and crab cocktail. Seafood dinner + bottle of wine + favorite niece = pretty good babysitting night. Scott and I slipped out to dinner downtown. It was so exciting getting out for a night on the town. Cocktails and wine were enjoyed!!
 |
Thanks Aunt Kelly!
|
This was Jaynie's first hotel experience, and I wish I could report back that she is a hotel champ...but she was a little freaked out to sleep in a weird place. In fact, she wouldn't even sleep in her pack'n'play, and instead slept with Scott and me. Actually, it was more like Scott and I slept on the edges of Jaynie's huge bed...we formed the letter "H", with Jaynie as the crossbar.
 |
First hotel room
|
The next morning Jaynie was a wreck from lack of sleep, and wouldn't nap in the hotel room, so Kelly had the great idea to do the 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach so Jaynie would sleep in the car. Best idea ever.
 |
Pebble Beach. Shhh...Jaynie is sleeping in the car while we hopped out at vistas for photos!
|
 |
Love this. Brother & Sister.
|
We're planning on some more weekend getaways this summer. What a fun little escape from everyday life.
3 comments:
This sounds like such a fun trip! I can't wait to see Jaynie at Easter, she is such a big girl now.
My favorite part is how Jaynie hogged the bed, I remember those days so well, enjoy every minute; even if you don't get much sleep.
I don't know who is enjoying the aquarium more...Jaynie or Scott?
It looks like a terrific weekend. So glad you had fun!!
love love love all the photos! i can only imagine how fun it is to see that adorable face get so excited to see new things!! sounds like kelly had a yummy dinner too! such a pretty drive too and pretty pictures!
Post a Comment