I ordered my wedding gown last Monday! Some people know which one it is, and the rest are just going to have to wait 10 months and find out =) My nana took some pictures of me in the dress at the bridal shop, but I cannot post them due to Scott's wandering eyes. Speaking of Scott, it looks like he will be leaving his present restaurant, Kimera, and heading back to his old place, The Ritz. There are many reasons for this, but my favorite part is he won't be working all nights and weekends anymore! School started this week, so now my days are booked with going to class, tutoring Spanish (for 8 high school students), tutoring a 4th grader and kindergartener, subbing, and kickboxing. Its going to be a very busy fall!
So I don't have any pictures, but I created a $50,000 burger last night. There is a contest every year in Napa by Sutter Home called the Build a Better Burger Contest, and I thought it would be fun to enter, so I thought up a burger recipe, and last night I did my first trial run. I made a balsamic-glazed smoky paprika burger with gouda, grilled radicchio, pancetta, and a garlic-herb emulsion. It was great, until I looked at the contest rules and CA residents can't enter! (something about alcohol companies in CA and UT cannot give away prizes valued more than $5). The burger still tasted good, but it won't be winning me $50,000....now I need a backup plan to pay for my master's program =)
4 comments:
That's totally lame - no CA residents??!! But the burger sounded fantastic, even to somebody who doesn't eat burgers. (I love anything with balsamic.)
With your busy schedule, when will you have time to update your blog and entertain us?
That sounds like a damn good burger!!! We need to make something like that at the lake house... that will fill us up after a few wake boarding runs.
Switchie switch this weekend yeah.
hmm, how about i submit it and you give me a cut of the winnings! i know that burger would win so you really ought to enter.
i like devon's plan!!
Post a Comment