Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lake Arrowhead

I can't believe I forgot my camera last weekend! I am still getting used to trying to take more pics for my blog. So here is my Labor Day getaway sans pictures:
My friends Brian and Nichole have a lovely house and boat at Lake Arrowhead which they graciously let their freinds frequent during the summer. This weekend I went with a group of 7 (Brian, Nichole, Chris, Greg, Bernie, and Suzie). It is a short jaunt to the lake and dock (across an old bridge and down some rickety wooden stairs). Once at the dock we usually drink Coors, take in the sun, read literary masterpieces such as People Magazine and US Weekly, cruise on the boat, kayak, and wakeboard. I've been going up to the lake house for 4 years now (hard to believe its been that long!), and my wakeboarding skills have come along nicely. I can get up, stay up, and ride over the wake (but only in 1 direction so far). My friend Chris filmed us all wakeboarding last weekend and if I can figure out how, I will load it onto here.
It is a pretty relaxing weekend, and there is no internet or TV. We have a quirky tradition of bacon-eating at the lake house. I'm not sure how it came about, but Nichole is the official bacon cooker, and we eat it every morning we are there. Last year on the 4th of July a house full of 18 of us devoured 8 lbs of bacon over 3 days!
Last weekend we journeyed up to the lake to escape this horrid Southern CA heat wave. Its been in the 90s at the beach, and at the base of the mountain in San Bernardino it was 110! Up on the mountain it was in the 80s, much more bearable. We also went to see Common Sense, a local band from Laguna Beach, play in Lake Arrowhead Village. They rocked out and so did we.
Unfortunately, Scott had to work all weekend, so didn't make it up to the lake until late late late Sunday night, and we left Monday afternoon. Amazingly, in his short time there, Scott accomplished all his lake house traditions: ate bacon, napped, wakeboarded, jacuzzied, and even watched a movie, and he was only there for 15 hours!
So that is a quick overview of the weekend, I'll try to post my awesome wakeboarding footage when I can =)

3 comments:

courtney said...

that sounds so perfect.

Unknown said...

sounds like a really nice weekend! you need to remember some pictures!! :)

Stephanie N. said...

I can't wait to see the wakeboarding!