Let's see how many things can go wrong with my life in 2 days!
Back in May, Scott and I bought concert tickets for The Whitestripes. We've been looking forward to the show for 3 whole months, and next Tuesday is the big day (seriously, we love this band and have never seen them). For those who don't know The Whitestripes, they consist of 2 people, Jack White and Meg White (not related, they used to be married). Meg plays the drums and Jack is on guitar and vocals, and oddly they usually wear black and red. Anyway, yesterday KROQ announced they have canceled their tour! Meg has "acute anxiety" and cannot travel. What does that even mean? Grrrr...now I have to go another year without seeing them. My parents also had tickets to The Whitestripes up north and tickets later that same week for Amy Winehouse (crazy rehab girl), so they had 2 concerts in the same week canceled on them. Atleast Dave Matthews hasn't canceled yet, we are seeing him on the 26th (keep your fingers crossed).
So today I subbed 1st grade in Santa Ana at a school I have never been to, it is right in downtown Santa Ana. Upon leaving work, I was greeted by a $53 parking ticket on my windshield. Apparently it was street cleaning day (which I saw signs for, but not where I parked). The school had no parking lot, it was street cleaning day, and another whole street's parking was closed for tree trimming. You think they could have trimmed the trees any day but street cleaning day, but that is Santa Ana for you. After work, I headed to the affluent Balboa Island in Newport Beach for my daily tutoring of Isabelle, a 4th grader. Upon parking my car and walking to the house, I notice I am missing a hubcap! I thought the Santa Ana neighborhood was fairly decent, but now I am second guessing. Can hubcaps fall off when you are driving, or does someone have to take it off? Seriously, I don't know who would want mine, they are all scratched up. Now my Matrix looks ghetto. Maybe I should replace the missing hubcap with with one of those spinner ones =)
12 comments:
that really really stinks!!!!! i'm sorry!! dave will be great though... he always is... wish i could go! definitely go for the spinner hub cap replacement - that would be perfect! dang that sucks. i hope things get better!!
yuck.
Little Miss Whitestripes has developed anxiety... now? after how many years of performing? i wonder what they're covering up. But Dave is awesome live, although he's getting weirder every year. anybody see snipets of his super creepy video?
sorry about the white stripes. why did amy winehouse cancel?
hasn't Amy W been cancelling a lot of her shows recently? Not a good way to start a career in entertainment...
Amy Winehouse canceled awhile ago, she has lots of problems, like she is cracky and she and her boyfriend get into physical fights and stuff. I read up about her at Lake Arrowhead in my celeb rag mags =)
But my mom likes her music, I don't think I have heard her stuff
1. your mom is so cool.
2. spinners are ridiculous, but a solo-spinner would be hot.
3. didn't we "listen" to dave behind irvine meadows one summer?
hey les, yah i remember listening to dave...do you remember that hol? weren't we going to hike through the back hills, but we were scared of the lions from 'lion country?' that was with, adam from cmc!! right?!
i really like amy winehouse. she is also anorexic, according to the tabs.
wow, how did you guys remember that? i must have blocked that from my memory because it involved adam =)
wait, are you ladies refering to adam van dyk????
wasn't there also an Andy Van Norton from CMC? (or somethinng like that)
btw, is that Amy W's own hair or is it a wig? she has a fabulously sultry voice, too bad she's such a mess at a young age.
adam van dyk from cmc. he lives in chicago. still talk to him. he's a good guy.
i sure hope it's a wig. i hate her look, but she does have a great voice. she might be a bigger wreck than britney.
not adam van dyk, adam karesky(?)
Post a Comment