Monday, October 15, 2007

Arizona

Scott and I took off again on another weekend road trip (I'm getting tired of these now, I can't wait until this weekend with no plans). This time we traveled to Flagstaff, Arizona for Jamie & Renata's wedding (these are Scott's friends). I have never been to Arizona, so I was excited for this trip. We went with our friends Brain, Nichole, and Chris. There were 5 of us, and I was lucky enough to get the middle seat in the backseat for the whole 7 hour drive =) Nicole and I say hi to Bob Big Boy in Barstow!
The drive was beautiful and took us through the desert, and then up the mountain to Flagstaff. Flagstaff is at 7000 ft (I think), so it is not hot there like the rest of Arizona. The town is a small mountain/college town, home to Northern Arizona University. Alumnae Chris Wilson gave us a lovely walking tour of the campus and downtown. The Aspen trees were changing colors, something us Cali people don't get to witness.
The first night in town, we attended Jamie & Renata's rehearsal dinner, a very fancy sit-down dinner at a country club. Then we hit a bar with a band downtown. The next morning we walked all around Flagstaff, then went to the wedding. The wedding was on top of a mountain at a ski resort lodge. Scott and I lookin' good in our jackets...it was freezing!!
It was so cold up there it started snowing before the ceremony! I was wearing a dress and black sandals...not ready for the weather! The weather cleared and the sun shone for the ceremony, and then we scrambled inside for warmth in the reception room. At the reception: Me, Nicole, Brian & Chris
There was a rustic charm to the room, and it was decorated with twigs, single stems of red flowers (don't know what they're called) and hand blown glass vases on each table. The favors were Native American dream catchers at each place. I got a blue on and Scott's was orange. During the party, the bride and groom came around to each table and announced that the person who has the orange dream catcher gets to take home the hand blown vase in the centerpiece...how fun! I feel like we won something, these things sell for big bucks at the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach.
The next morning the 5 of us loaded into the car and made the 7 hour trip home, where I get to stay now =)
***Pictures coming soon...blogger won't let me load them right now

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, i love the dream catcher and the take home the center piece thing. that sounds so fun!

i can't believe you've been so close to arizona, yet never been. that's funny. flagstaff is really pretty, but i wouldn't have been prepared for SNOW either!! good grief.

can't wait to see some pics.

courtney said...

i remember driving through Flagstaff on my way to law school @ Wash U - and being totally surprised that there was this forest community in the middle of Arizona, it was quite a nice change. I 'm so jealous you got to see Fall, and snow!!!!!! (tell me you had a pashmina or something warm and cuddly... ok, fiance counts.)

devon lorraine ... said...

cute pics, hol! the one of you and scott is really pretty. and i think that kickboxing is paying off, you look great!