Monday, October 1, 2007

Speech

I started my speech therapy clinicals last week, and I absolutely love it! Basically, speech clinicals are code name for "working for free because I don't have my certificate yet". Unfortunately, I need 100 clinical hours and another semester of classes before I can offically work for money as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA). Actually, the state requires 100 clinical hours, but my program at Orange Coast College requires about 5x that many, so that means I am working for free until May. So now my days consist of speech therapy in the AM, attending classes in the afternoon, and tutoring for $$ in the PM. Oh, and on Thursdays I teach 1st grade at my old school in Santa Ana, AND I have a wedding to plan. Let's see how long I can juggle my crazy schedule. Good thing Scott's schedule is switching back to days next week, maybe he can keep me sane...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

dear lord woman take a breath! that's crazy!! let me know if you want me to put you in touch with the speech therapist i know. she'd probably be a great resource for you.

devon lorraine ... said...

let the networking begin! only, i have not one contact for you. busy lady!

Unknown said...

wow! your schedule exhausts me!

courtney said...

don't forget to add sleep to your list of things to do.