Monday, October 22, 2007

SoCal on FIRE!!!

The whole southern CA is on fire!!!! There are fires in: Malibu, Canyon Country, Irvine, Devore, Lake Arrowhead, Green Valley Lake, and several in San Diego. The Santa Anas are really STRONG, and trees are falling all over the place too. The winds are mostly blowing toward the ocean, so all the smoke from the Irvine fire (directly east of me) is blowing directly over my apartment. To make matters worse, it is about 90 degrees today, but we have to keep all the doors and windows closed due to smoke. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the safety of Brian and Nichole's lake house in Arrowhead. I'll keep everyone updated...

11 comments:

devon lorraine ... said...

it was a big story on the news here this morning.

Leslie said...

my sister's a freshman @ ucsd. classes were canceled today!

Unknown said...

yeah, it's all over the news here too. so sad how many people have to be evacuated and how many have lost their homes.

courtney said...

courts are closed in SD, and i heard one report that 500,000 around SoCal have been evacuated/ on stand by to evacuate. Those of us not directly in the fire's path can still feel the heat, smoke, and smell the ash. It's a total mess.

courtney said...

now you can add Camp Pendleton on the list, 4 are going on right now, I can see the smoke; I heard HB is getting evacuated - heard anything?

Holly said...

I haven't heard anything about HB, but I know Portola Hills is evacuated. So far it looks like the Arrowhead fire has steered clear of Brian & Nichole's cabin. My maid of honor Carla in Del Mar had to evacuate last night, but I think she is allowed back now. It is eerily weird here, HOT (100 degrees when I left work today), red/smokey skies, and ashy.

courtney said...

last night driving home from the hospital we could actually see the Pendleton fires behind the hills of my parents' house - it was this awful red blaze and red cloud of smoke.

Unknown said...

take some pictures for your blogs... i want to see. i can't imagine how eerie that must all be.

courtney said...

san onofre has been evacuated.

Leslie said...

so...ucsd canceled classes for the entire week. crazy, huh?

i wore the dress with leggings too, thought it sorta balanced out the black shirt underneath. but then again, the weather's much cooler up here. shirts and leggings are a necessity under summer dresses.

Leslie said...

and how fun that we already have a matching dress! maybe we can talk christine into getting it too and we'll be set for dev's wedding! :)