Prior to my party, the only thing I knew was that I was going to San Diego, staying at the swanky Hard Rock Hotel, and Carla, Andrea, Kelly, and Nichole would be there. I was very stressed trying to pack for a weekend of suprises! So here's the low down of my last weekend as a single girl (ok, there are really 7 more weekends left)
On Friday I hitched a ride to San Diego with my friends Nichole and sister-in-law to be Kelly. We drove to the Hard Rock Hotel in the Gaslamp. We stayed at the Hard Rock courtesy of Nichole and her husband Brian, who bought a "rockstar suite" there. The hotel is smack dab in the center of the Gaslamp, looking into Petco Park.
We arrived Friday evening and met my maid of honor Carla in the room. The room was decorated with your standard bachelorette fare (streamers, banners, balloons, champagne, etc.). We settled in, and then Andrea and Devon showed up! Devon was my suprise of the weekend, I had no idea she was going to be able to make it! Woohoo! So we ventured out Friday night and picked up pizza, and then returned to the hotel to drink champagne, eat pizza, and chat all night.
Saturday morning we woke up and headed to the pool for a few hours. Did I mention the weather???? It was in the 80s and 90s all weekend...it felt like August, so the pool was the prefect way to start the day. All I knew about the day was we had to leave the hotel at 12:30 to be somewhere. I was told to dress "comfy-casual". Not knowing what to wear, everyone let me stress about my outfit for awhile before Devon presented me with a navy blue t-shirt with baseballs and "soon to be Mrs McCarthy" scrolled across the back. Ah-ha...we were going to a baseball game! So we trekked 1/2 a block away to Petco Park and settled into the 2nd row for a Padres vs. Diamond Backs game.
Andrea had a lofty goal of appearing on the jumbo-screen, so we mentioned it to the young usher of our section, who wrote our seat numbers down, and during the 7th inning presented me with a Padres swag bag filled with a visor, hat, poster, calendar, flag, banner, rally rags (or as Andrea says, they are dish towels now that I am getting married). Whew...too bad I had already shelled out $20 for a visor during the first inning! The game was a blast, we befriended the crowd around us, and did make it onto the jumbo-screen while waving my new flag.
After the game, we hurried back to the Hard Rock to shower and get ready for the evening. We then headed to Cafe Sevilla, a tapas bar a few blocks away. I took the lead and ordered for all (of course, it was my party!!). Seriously, these are the best tapas I have had outside of Spain.
After tapas, we ended up at Shour Dueling Piano Bar. We had 2 tables reserved in the front row and I had another swag bag (T-shirt, underwear, shot glass, key chain, coupons). The show was hilarious, and got raunchier as the night progressed. Shots were taken, songs were requested, and at some point I ended up on stage doing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" and then I was on stage AGAIN dancing to "I Like Big Butts", but that time I was accompanied by Andrea. We stayed at the bar all night and trekked home late with no voices due to too much bad singing. Oh, by the way, thanks to my party planners for not making me wear any embarrassing bachelorette party gear...I looked classy in my black boa and jeweled arm tattoos =)
The next morning we dined at MaryJanes in the hotel. It was old school diner with a DJ blasting music in the center. There were probably some huge movie stars there I didn't recognize. We were going to hit the pool before our return trip home, but there was an "intervention" party going on, which, contrary to what the name suggests, involves copious amounts of alcohol mixed with the bare minimum of clothing. If we packed our string bikinis, 4 inch heels, and super short see-through dresses, we would have been ready to go! So we opted to stroll the street and window shop in the 90 degree heat.
Thanks for the WONDERFUL weekend...I had a blast!
7 comments:
i really really really am bummed that i wasn't able to come to your big weekend!!! stupid thing called money apparently doesn't grow on trees... dangit!!! i hope you had a blast and know that i was thinking about you!
sounds like fun! hope you had a blast!
sounds like an amazing weekend!!!! i love all the souvenirs you collected!
yeah! you got the photos up!
Holly, you def look like a Vetterli in the pic with the Margaritas!! Way to keep up the family tradition!!
I loved the body art! Holly, you look great.
Devon- great dress.
you guys all looked awesome and the pictures are great. what a fun weekend!! it makes me really sad i wasn't there! booooooo!!!
Post a Comment