Tuesday was my last day of teaching...EVER!
I mentioned in my last post that I had a job interview in Oakland last week. After talking to a few different speech companies and clinics, this is the clinic that I liked the best. It is called Communication Works Therapy, you can check it out here. They have a small office in Oakland where they conduct social skills groups (mostly for children with autism and aspergers syndrome). They also place speech therapists and SLPAs (me) in school districts, preschool sites, and even at home sites to work with infants. Well, they offered me a job on the spot, and I accepted it! I will either be doing speech therapy with preschoolers in San Lorenzo, or school-aged children in Berkeley. I ultimately get to pick my site, and I'm sure it will be partly based upon where Scott and I decide to move. Currently, we are thinking of finding a place west of the tunnel (only you Bay Area people know what I'm talking about now), possibly in Berkeley, Oakland Hills, or Emeryville areas. I start working in late August...can't wait to start my new career!
4 comments:
congrats holly!
congratulations!! i think i'll have oakland as part of my territory...fun, we can meet up! and you guys should also look @ rockridge - supposedly super cute place to live?
congrats congrats congrats, congrats congrats congrats!! (singing it to you)
congrats holly!
Post a Comment