Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whirlwind weekend!

Here's a quick update on my whirlwind weekend in northen CA...
Thursday:
  • teach 3rd grade
  • attend 4 teachers' retirement party, catered by Scott
  • drive to the Bay Area

Friday:
  • 10am interview in Oakland (more on this later)
  • first wedding hair trial...HATED it!
  • meet with florist to finalize flowers
  • Max's graduation pre-party, graduation ceremony, post party (wow, the Vetterli's can really stretch out a party!)

Saturday:
  • 2nd hair trial...LOVED it!
  • bridal shower at my Grandma Marianne's house
  • BBQ dinner at parent's house (planned and cooked by all the men while the women were at the shower)
Sunday:
  • Father's Day brunch at Chow
  • Drive back home
  • Watch Lakers WIN

Now that I'm back home, I am planning my next trip up, only 8 more days until I leave, 11 days until the wedding!!

2 comments:

courtney said...

what was the hair bad hair versus good hair?

Holly said...

ahhh, the hair! I got my hair cut last Wednesday in Orange County with my girl I've been using for a few years. She knows I am getting married and all, and I let her experiment styles with my hair when she finished my haircut. My inspiration was Jenna Bush's wedding hair...gooogle it, its really cute. Jen (my hairdresser) made it look sooo cute, I loved it. So we took some pics. Then I went up to Walnut Creek, had an appointment at a salon/day spa I had never heard of (the great place I know of that has been around for years was already booked!). So I went in for my hair trial, and the lady made my hair look like a curly mess! She had these french braids infront that made me look 10. Not so good. I freaked out since we are only 2 weeks out, and most salons are already booked. So Scott and I drove to the store to pick up some ice for my mom, and there was a salon across the street, I called the number on the window, they were available June 28th for me and my bridal party, and they were available the next morning for a trial. Fate?(or is it just a bad salon and no one goes there?) I went Saturday morning, showed her the pics that Jen did, and she made a wonderful creation of soft curls and delicate braids. Disaster diverted! Very trendy salon to boot, I might make it my new place when I move!