Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Posts on the way!

Its been a busy week of packing, partying and eating (in that order). We leave for Walnut Creek on Monday, so we are in major packing mode right now. Somehow in the middle of packing I managed to throw a 30th birthday party for Scott on 08-08-08. We had a New Orleans style crawfish boil, complete with shellfish flown in from New Orleans and mardi-gras beads. I promise to post about it next week after the big move (I have lots of super pictures!)
Saturday we spent the day packing, packing and packing. Then we headed off to Charlie Palmer's (a fantastic new restaurant in Bloomingdales at the mall). Our friend Kevin works there and he gave us dinner there for a wedding gift. We arrived at 6pm and left 12 courses later at 11:30pm. The chef cooked for us and the sommelier paired each course with wine...again, more on this next week when I have some down time in Walnut Creek!

1 comment:

devon lorraine ... said...

that dinner sounds amazing! what a perfect gift for the two of you.

and sounds like a smashing 30th bday party!! can't wait for pics; it sounds like it was quite a party!