Since getting engaged in December, I really have not thought much about my wedding dress. I have never had a vision in my mind of my perfect dream dress. All I knew is that due to an outdoor winery wedding, I wanted a simple dress. Oh, and I was not too crazy about strapless gowns. However, I have since learned that there are not many choices of non-strapless gowns (in fact, a saleslady told me: "Oh Honey, you need to get a strapless gown", wrong in so many ways, especially the part when she called me "honey"). So I began my search for a dress last weekend with Carla, my maid of honor and high school friend. We went to 2 stores in Huntington Beach and found a few dresses we liked. I am amazed by how flattering wedding gowns are, I am thinking of wearing one everyday =) Anyway, I continued my search on Friday with my mom and grandma in Claremont. I have decided on a designer: Maggie Sottero, and have narrowed it down to 3 styles: Trina, Tanica, and Claudia (instead of boring numbers, Maggie Sottero names all of her dresses). All the dresses are strapless, but I most likely will add spaghetti dresses to the final product. The 3 styles are pictured below, first is Trina, then Tanica, then Claudia. Please respond and tell me which you like! I also have a cool new poll on my sidebar you can vote in.
Trina: This dress actually comes in 2 styles. The one pictured is chiffon, with beading. The other style is satin and no beading. I have tried them both on, the satin one flatters me more, but it is kind of plain with no beading.

Tanica: First off, the name cracks me up, it reminds of Adam Sandler's Hanakuh song when he talks about drinking "gin and tonicas". This picture is not very flattering of the dress, especially since the model looks a little trampy. The one I tried on has no red on it, it is all ivory. It looked really good on me.

Claudia: I loved this dress, my grandma is not as crazy about it as I am. My mom thinks it might be too glitzy for an outdoor winery wedding.

*if you want larger pictures of the dresses, go to www.maggiesottero.com and search for the dress names
9 comments:
i bet they all look beautiful on you!! i love the claudia one. how pretty. i can't wait to see you walk down the aisle looking gorgeous in whatever dress you choose.
This is so hard! I think I need to sleep on it before I vote...maybe the answer will be in my dreams :-)
so far it's between the Trina and Claudia...decisions, decisions!
They're all gorgeous! I vote for Tanica because you said it looked great on you. I think that's all that matters. The one you love.
1. I'm loving this new polling thing.
2. I'm especially loving that the Tanica dress is winning! Landslide!
3. I went to the site and LOVE the ribbon sash down the Tanica dress. Swear I'm not voting on it because I have the A.Sandler song in my head.
How fun!
My first instinct is the Tanica for a winery wedding. Plus, like Sarah points out, you said you feel great in it!
I like the Tanica too and I thnk straps would look awesome on it too! I think I tried on the Claudia dress which I thought was cute. Maggie dresses are so great and I love the names which remind me of Barbie's friends!
Sarah M
You've got the figure for all three dresses but I'm having to agree with people, I think Tanica is perfect for a winery setting and would look beautiful with thin straps. Which one is most comfortable and is the right shade that you like?
My vote was for Tanica! I think they all will look beautiful on you but I loved the lines of that dress... Good luck!!! :)
This is a hard one...they are all so pretty!! What's most important is how the dress looks on you and how you feel in the dress. My favorite just based on the pictures is Trina then Claudia. But, I know you will look stunning in any dress, Holly.
Post a Comment