Monday, July 9, 2007

kickboxing!

Due to my lack of motivation to go to the gym and spend 45 min on a elliptical trainer going nowhere, I decided to step it up! I am now a member at "OC Kickboxing" and I take kickboxing classes, with boxing gloves and all. It is pretty hardcore, pretty soon my punch might actually hurt =) I am hoping that a year of kickboxing will get me into wedding dress shape...it is quite a workout, and the only drawback is the gym is not air-conditioned (maybe I will lose a couple pounds strictly through sweating this summer).

Here's dinner tonight: teriyaki-shrimp-pineapple kebabs on a bed of whole wheat cous-cous with a mixed green salad. Super easy to make, just skewer peeled shrimp, pineapple chunks (fresh or canned) and red onions on soaked skewers (so they won't burn on the grill). Brush with teriyaki sauce and grill until shrimp is pink. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!

5 comments:

courtney said...

Have you been taking lessons from your future husband or did you always have this talent? I swear, one day you two will own some fabulous restaurant (I expect a specially tailored Scripps cocktail on the menu). Your arms are going to look so great by your wedding date.

Leslie said...

i would hire you to cook for me anyday, yo.

Unknown said...

holy yumminess! i eat like complete crap compared to you (and pretty much any other human not living in order in obsessed nyc!).

devon lorraine ... said...

i love your k-boxing photo. go you!!

as for your pear/ginger martini comment on courtney's page i think it was, right on, au poive is one of my faves these days.

a really fresh cucumber martini beats the summer heat though.

patrick and i made mint simple syrup back in may for the kentucky derby (for juleps). maybe i should make cucumber simple syrup (not for juleps though, for martinis). would that work?

Kpa said...

What a great party. Sounds like a lot of fun. Really enjoy your blogs, and comments from your friends. I may try the roulade for dinner tonight, with chicken and cranberriers.