Back in late March, I planted a few vegtables, herbs, and flowers. It is amazing what can be done with the 1 ft wide patch of dirt that runs the length of my patio, along with a few pots. Anyway, I scattered some sunflower seeds, put in tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, sage, chives, oregano, basil, parsley, strawberries, and gerber daisies. The sunflowers are now taller than the roof of the garage next door, and my tomato plant is taller than me. Must of been all the rain we got this year (ha ha ha....I think it only rained twice this year) Enjoy my garden! I am going to enjoy my ripe tomato tonight sliced and sprinkled with some fresh basil and balsamic vinegar =)
The giant sunflowers


My first ripe tomato (and dinner tonight)

Gerber daisy, basil, parsley, chives, and tiki torch (no garden is complete without a tiki torch!)

Strawberries...there are 3 berries on the plant so far, this one is ALMOST red!

This is Scott's beloved Meyer Lemon Tree, it has even moved apartments with us

So only the yellow one in the middle and the one on the table are from my garden, the other ones I bought at Trader Joes before my bloomed
3 comments:
i love the meyer lemon tree- we adopted one as well, his name is George. are you growing the herbs in pots?
Our lemon tree is also adopted, from a friend who almost let it die, Scott had to nurse it back to health. We don't have a name for ours, but now I will have to think of one =) Yes, the herbs are in pots, except for the basil and parsley, since they get so big. We have to deal with the overcast mornings by the coast, and not much sun in our small yard. That means gardening is a hit or miss. We are on our 3rd rosemary plant already.
i have the same problem. coastal gray, shadows cast from the house next door. luckily George is in a sunny spot, we've had good luck with lavender on the 'hot' side of the garden, i've managed not to kill my geraniums (most of them), rosemary has somehow survived, but a bunch of other plants have comitted suicide. although we had really good luck with daisies- until they took over and had to be expelled.
Post a Comment