Our first stop was Miner. Thanks to Jo, we has a wonderful tour and tasting in the cave. I have never been in Miner's cave before, and it was pretty cool, and of course the wine tastes even better in a cave!
After Miner we stopped by Taylor's Automatic Refresher for burgers and a bottle of Miner Viogner (only $5 corkage fee!). My mom, Kelly, and I all had the ahi burger...a slab of seared ahi with an asian slaw on a bun...out of this world!Next we tasted at Whitehall Lane, another favorite of ours. We discovered Whitehall Lane after ordering a bottle of their wine in Maui. I especially love Whitehall's merlot. After Whitehall Lane we couldn't pass up stopping by St Supery, where Scott and I finally invested in a few bottles of St Supery Dollarhide Sauvignon Blanc (only the BEST sauv blanc out there!), and then we tried to taste at Mondavi, but once in the tasting room we were only interested in sitting on the big leather chairs (we may have been a little toasted by this point).
Me, mom, and Kelly at Whitehall Lane
On the way home we stopped my Bouchon bakery to pick up a baguette for dinner, and my dad ran across the street to pick up a cheese platter for the drive home. Perfect day...which was ended with a grilled dinner at my parent's house.
3 comments:
ooh! request: Can you have a running list of your fave wines on the side of your blog with corresponding $$? well, at least the accessible ones for those of us not in the know? I figure it'd be super easy for me to look @ your blog when I'm stuck in the wine aisle and pick a winner if you recommend it!
What a fun bday for scott!
cute idea from les.
so, patrick and i have a pic from the miner cave, too. which was BEFORE i knew jo's relation to miner!
and ... there is something rather androgenous about the "person" wearing the red dress when i enlarged the photo. anyone agree?
that sounds like so much fun!! i still have never been to napa. i need to make that trek some day and some day soon!!!
Post a Comment